Applications and Interviews
coming down the home stretch
RELATED POSTS & PODCASTS
Welcome to the Caribbean! One of the most popular vacation destinations in the world.
Welcome to medical school! One of the most rigorous experiences in your life.
Two separate statements. When standing on their own, they are both true. When put together though, does the Caribbean make medical school a vacation?
There are currently 60 Caribbean medical schools that you can attend, as of 2011. One might think that this vastly increases your chance of being a doctor since there are only 137 M.D. and 26 D.O. medical schools in the U.S. You must understand that these schools are not all up to the standards of U.S. schools, although there are a few well known schools that have been graduating medical students for some time now, who are now successful physicians practicing all over the country.
Congratulations! You have been invited to interview for medical school. That email popped into your inbox and you responded faster than lightning. The date is saved in your calendar and you already have your plane tickets! Now, you ask, how do I prepare for this critical part of the application process? First, you should know that medical schools have various interview styles. Some interview in groups, others individually. Some know your grades and scores, while others just know your name. Regardless of the types of interviews that you have, the tips listed below will help you succeed during your medical school interview.Read more > >
- Ensure all pre-med requirements will be met in your schedule. Remember, each medical school will have slightly different requirements. If there are certain med schools you are thinking about attending, please review their requirements. Here are the basic pre-med requirements that most medical schools require:
- Physics (1 year)
- General Chemistry (1 year)
- Organic Chemistry (1 year)
- Biology (1 year)
- English (D.O. schools require. Most M.D. schools recommend)
- Psychology (1 semester) – In Preparation of the 2015 MCAT
- Sociology (1 semester) – In Preparation of the 2015 MCAT
The decision is finally made. You are going to medical school! You have studied hard, dedicating your time to strengthening your CV, building your skills, and rocking the MCAT. Now you have reached the moment when you have to figure out where you are going to submit your medical school applications.Read more > >
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook