Former OPM member..Matched yesterday!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Team MSHQ January 11, 2019 at 4:56 pm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dauntless
    Participant

Hello everyone!!

I wanted to stop by this new site after many, many years away and to share that as of yesterday I have officially matched into a pediatric residency, which has always been my dream!!!

My OPM story was basically that I was a super non-trad, not so much in age but my background was in arts, who started med school (D.O. which I have LOVED) at 30. In my graduating class there are actually quite a few >30 now and a few in their 40’s/50’s. On top of all the usual med-school nonsense I actually also had a baby during my 3rd year, which was AMAZING and I’m so glad I did it!!!.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by and say hello and let you know that it IS possible. I was def not the BEST student, my scores were not amazing and I had to build my science knowledge from nothing.. But, I have had a phenomenal experience over the past four years in med school & I am SO glad I found this site all those years ago.
    I wish you all well as you start/continue on this journey & hope to see you all on the floors someday!
    ~M

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Kennymac
    Participant

Congrats on the match! Glad to see success stories from those that came before. Enjoy your last few pre-intern months!

bennard
    Participant

Congrats!

----------------------------------------------------------
    Old Pre-Med since 2012
    MS3, Class of 2019

Ryan Gray, MD
    Participant

Congrats! Want to come on the podcast to talk about your journey?!

lizat
    Participant

Love hearing success stories–thanks for posting, and congratulations!

Liza

Liza Thompson, M.Ed.
    Medical School Admissions Consultant
    https://thompsonadvising.com

Team MSHQ
    Keymaster

Hi! Dr. Gray covered your success story on the podcast during Session #159! We loved hearing your story and congratulations on all your accomplishments!

Thank you,
    Team MSHQ

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.