Post Bacc vs Masters

Hello everyone!

Which one is better, a “enhancer” post bacc program or a Masters program? Which one will give me a better chance in applications.

I would say a post bacc program will help your application more than a Masters. It really depends on what you are majoring and what your interests are. I am about to start my 1 year MS degree in Engineering next year and apply to Med school at the same time, so for me personally, I wanted to get an Engineering MS as a way to postpone my application one year back (and as a backup plan).

It depends on what your current situation is. But in general, a post bacc is better. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Masters GPA is not considered really at all, but if it is an SMP with a linkage that would be good. The goal at the end of the day is to get into med school. Do either the post bacc or the masters have a linkage? If your goal is to boost your GPA, then the post bacc is your best option.

Both are linked to medical schools. I am most likely gravitating towards a post bacc program.

What is your motivation? It it to raise your GPA or just to see what looks better in general.
While a SMP may be better for getting into your medical school, your masters may help when it comes to after medical school. Something to consider :slight_smile: