John A. Burns (Hawaii) Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 600 word limit.
- How will becoming a John A. Burns School of Medicine (JABSOM) educated physician allow you to achieve your long term goals? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Describe a personal experience that demonstrated your resilience.
- Describe any personal connection to JABSOM and/or Hawaii and the Pacific that you may have.
- If you are a re-applicant to JABSOM, please complete the following additional essay. Describe what efforts you have made to further improve your application to the MD Program. | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $150
FAP Waiver: No
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Email
University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine Mission:
JABSOM, as part of the fabric of Hawai‘i, is a diverse learning community committed to excellence and leadership in:
- Educating current and future healthcare professionals and leaders
- Delivering high-quality healthcare
- Conducting research and translating discoveries into practice
- Establishing community partnerships and fostering multidisciplinary collaboration
- Pursuing alliances unique to Hawaiʻi and the Asia-Pacific region
- Acting with forethought regarding right relationships, respect, and moral action. Pono
University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine Vision:
Maika’i Loa: Attain Lasting Optimal Health for All (ALOHA).
University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine Values:
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Innovation and Discovery