Western University of Health Sciences Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
All prompts have a 500-word limit.
- Write a one page, total, essay addressing the following question:
a. Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school whose mission focuses on rural and/or medically underserved populations.
Primary Deadline: February 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $65
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates:
- While shadowing a physician, what did the experience do to solidify your desire / ambition to become an osteopathic physician?
- What is your specific interest in the osteopathic medicine program at COMP northwest? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts About Specialties
- Explain why the opportunity to study and participate in clinical experiences in the Pacific Northwest appeals to you? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Describe why you see yourself as a great “fit” for our school? | How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- Briefly discuss any extenuating circumstances which you feel are pertinent to your application (poor grades, course withdrawals, lapses in your education, etc). | How to Discuss Breaks in Your Education in Secondary Essays | How to Write About Red Flags in Your Secondary Essays