University of Nevada, Reno Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- The State of Nevada faces a challenge in meeting the medical needs of some patients from diverse backgrounds; such as non-English speaking patients, patients from different races or ethnicities, or patients from the LGBTQ community. Please briefly describe the disparity being faced by one of these groups and respond to the following:
- How would you personally contribute to meeting challenges in serving patients from diverse backgrounds?
- How could you contribute to institutional efforts to alleviate these health disparities (350 words or less)?
- Indicate any paid or volunteer work experience, activities, or duties and the amount of time spent which you feel to be relevant to the study of medicine (NOTE: Include dates and hours).
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
Secondary Deadline: 5 working days after the secondary application is received
Secondary Fee: $75
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes Post Interview/Email
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine Mission:
Improving the health and well-being of all Nevadans and their communities through excellence in:
- student education and postgraduate training that produces global leaders in medicine;
- clinical care, safety and innovation;
- research with local, national and global impact;
- an institutional culture of diversity and inclusion.
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine Vision:
A Healthy Nevada
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine Values:
- Compassion: We are kind and caring towards our patients and each other. We are committed to aid those who are sick, understand their experience and create a positive, healing environment.
- Diversity: We value and support diversity. We are committed to inclusive and consistent practices toward our patients and each other.
- Excellence: We work toward improvement with an expectation of excellence in professional and organizational standards.
- Integrity: We act in an ethical, honest and responsible manner. We hold ourselves accountable to act with integrity.
- Respect: We practice fairness, and communicate appropriately and respectfully.
- Safety: We provide a safe environment free of threats and danger.
- Service: We provide excellent service and meet the needs of all we serve. We remove barriers to access.
- Stewardship: We embody the responsible planning and management of resources.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook