In this episode, Ryan talks about the Premed Fest Conference organized by the American Medical Student Association (AMSA). Several people may not know it but AMSA also serves premed students where they hold chapters at undergrad institutions for premeds.
This is the 2nd Premest Fest held outside of Tampa, Florida with this year's keynote speaker, Patch Adams. Ryan attended the conference where he brought some podcasting equipment to interview students specifically about the impact they want to make when they become physicians.
Listen in as these awesome students discuss their goals:
- To make sure patients are well aware of how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- A larger impact globally especially in women's health and children's health
- To combine his chiropractic knowledge along with the osteopathic knowledge
- Look at patients holistically with the more tools to work with such as medicine and therapy.
To bring compassion for the individual having the ability to step into their world
To provide the magic of sight to people
To let patients know that they are not alone and that they have doctors who have experienced illnesses like her being diagnosed with Crohn's disease.
- To bring more affordable technology to global healthcare.
- To see the current gaps in technology exist so he can make it accessible to people globally.
- To make medicine more about care, compassion for patients instead of medication after medication
- To make his mark on the human side of medicine amidst the advancement i biotech, research, and medicine
To make healthcare more available in her area where it becomes a necessity instead of a privilege.
To become a surgeon and provide free surgeries.
To look into neurodegenerative diseases and make it easier for the end-of-life care especially for people with different forms of dementia.
- To work with underserved populations having grown up in Ghana, West Africa where access to medicine is a hassle.
- To work with minorities and to work with areas with health disparities so she can eliminate them by building her own clinic “Patch Adam” style.
- To show people what osteopathic medicine actually is.
- To deal with people and get them to a point where they see him as few times as possible.
- His primary goal of care is that patients take care of themselves.
To help children in Port-au-Prince, Haiti to help heal and bring nurses and volunteers to help to make a difference.
Links and Other Resources:
Check out the AMSA website at www.amsa.org
If you need any help with the medical school interview, go to medschoolinterviewbook.com. Sign up and you will receive parts of the book so you can help shape the future of the book. This book will include over 500 questions that may be asked during interview day as well as real-life questions, answers, and feedback from all of the mock interviews Ryan has been doing with students.
Are you a nontraditional student? Go check out oldpremeds.org.
Free MCAT Gift: Free 30+ page guide with tips to help you maximize your MCAT score and which includes discount codes for MCAT prep as well.
Hang out with us over at medicalschoolhq.net/group. Click join and we'll add you up to our private Facebook group. Share your successes and miseries with the rest of us.
Check out our partner magazine, www.premedlife.com to learn more about awesome premed information.
Next Step Test Prep: Get one-on-one tutoring for the MCAT and maximize your score. Get $50 off their tutoring program when you mention that you heard about this on the podcast or through the MSHQ website.
Listen to our podcast for free at iTunes: medicalschoolhq.net/itunes and leave us a review there!
Email Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with him on Twitter @medicalschoolhq
Subscribe for Free
Listen to Other Episodes
Leave us a Review and Rating!
Just like Yelp reviews or IMDB ratings help you choose your next restaurant or movie, leaving a 5 star rating and/or a written review is very valuable to The Premed Years. It allows us to be able to share our information with more people than ever before.
I am so incredibly thankful to those who have recently gone into our listing in iTunes to provide a five start rating and a written review of The Premed Years.
Subscribe and Download
Android/Mac/Windows – You can download DoubleTwist and use that to manage all of our past and future episodes
Please help us spread the word!
If you like the show, will you please take a moment to leave a comment on iTunes? This really helps us get the word out!
Crush the MCAT with our
MCAT Secrets eBook
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook