George Washington Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
- Please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week) from the point of application through matriculation in 2020. (750 characters, not including spaces)
- The MD program includes substantial content in Clinical Public Health (population health, health systems science, health policy, and community health) to prepare GW graduates for an expanded scope of practice required to be successful 21st century physicians. What are your specific interests and experiences related to that aspect of the MD program? (350 characters, not including spaces)
- What is your most meaningful clinical experience to date, involving direct patient contact (350 characters, no including spaces)?
- What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW (1000 characters, not including spaces)? | How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays | How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- What is your specific interest in the MD Program at GW? What opportunities would you take advantage of as a student here? Why (2000 characters, not including spaces)? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about ‘Why Us’
Primary Deadline: December 14, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $130
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences Mission and Vision:
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences is dedicated to improving the health of our local, national, and global communities by:
- Educating a diverse workforce of tomorrow’s leaders in medicine, science, and health sciences.
- Healing through innovative and compassionate care.
- Advancing biomedical, translational, and health services delivery research with an emphasis on multidisciplinary collaboration.
- Promoting a culture of excellence through inclusion, service, and advocacy.
As a globally recognized academic medical center, GW embraces the challenge of eliminating health disparities and transforming health care to enrich and improve the lives of those we serve.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook