Hackensack Meridian at Seton Hall University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All of the prompts have a 500-word limit.
- Why are you interested in attending the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University?
How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- State a professional goal/s that you wish to accomplish by pursuing a medical degree.
- Explain what qualities of excellence, knowledge, and/or skills you would contribute to the medical school experience.
- Please share personal experiences that have motivated your decision to enter health care, as well as short- and long-term goals.
- Describe your experience with the field of medicine (or a related field) that has prepared you for advanced study in this area. Specifically, how have your life experiences prepared you to pursue a degree in medicine, including: coursework experiences, clinical work, experiences in overcoming adversity, work experiences, volunteer activities, and/or research experiences?
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
Secondary Deadline: December 1st, 2019
Secondary Fee: $80
FAP Waiver: Yes
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University Mission:
To develop our students, residents, faculty, and healthcare environment to deliver the highest quality care for all.
- Embrace and model our professional and our university’s Catholic roots of reverence for the human condition, empathy toward suffering, excellence in medical care, and humility in service;
- Continue to serve and learn from the engagement of underrepresented minority populations among students, faculty, staff, and community;
- Integrate lifelong learning and inquiry into their practice;
- Work in communion with scholars and practitioners of other disciplines to integrate their perspectives, experiences, and tools; and
- Understand that context, community, and behavior drive wellbeing.
Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine at Seton Hall University Vision:
Each person in New Jersey, and in the United States, regardless of race or socioeconomic status, will enjoy the highest levels of wellness in an economically and behaviorally sustainable fashion.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook