Nova Southeastern University Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 4,000 character limit.
- Please provide an example that indicates your ability to function effectively as a productive member of a team working toward a common objective. Elaborate on leadership roles you held in this capacity and how you solved problems that arose. Indicate highlights learned from this experience. | How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- Please share some personal examples of problem-solving in a team environment and/or leadership experience that would lead to your success in a PBL environment.
- At NSU CAM, we value the unique perspective that each applicant brings. Identify any traits, life experiences, or interests that a professor or advisor would not normally know about you.
- How has your academic work beyond the “traditional” pre-medical school requirements (i.e., introductory biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and introductory physics) prepared you for medical school and for a career in medicine? Please highlight any service learning activities that align with humanism in medicine.
- Is there a time gap between earning your last degree (baccalaureate or other) and the expected time of your medical school matriculation? If yes, please explain. | How to Write About Your Gap Years in Secondary Essays
- Were you employed full-time (or part-time) during your undergraduate or graduate years? If yes, please explain.
- Do you believe that you are a member of a group that is under-represented in medicine? If yes, please explain.
- Have you previously applied to any medical school (M.D., D.O., international)?
- If yes, please explain what steps you have taken to improve your overall application profile for this admissions cycle. | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
- Please explain any gaps or inconsistencies in either academic or standardized test performances throughout your undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate career.
Primary Deadline: Jan 31, 2021
Secondary Deadline:Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $50.00
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waiver
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: Yes
Nova Southeastern University Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Mission:
Our mission at NSU MD is advancing human health through innovation in medical education, research, patient care and community engagement.
We will achieve it utilizing a patient-centered, student-centered and community-centered approach.
Nova Southeastern University Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Vision:
To become an exemplary medical college internationally recognized for excellence by fostering an innovative culture that supports diversity, collaboration, critical thinking and creative leadership.
Nova Southeastern University Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Values:
- Promoting and retaining our exceptionally high standards
- Creating an environment that encourages innovative thinking and positive change
- Creating a culture in which everyone acts together as a team supporting our common cause
- Exchanging information seamlessly and continuously among constituents to achieve our mission and common goals
- Embracing and capitalizing on a wide range of abilities, experiences, knowledge, and strengths, recognizing the importance of heterogeneity in age, background, ethnicity, physical abilities, political and religious beliefs, gender and many other attributes
- Behaving ethically in all situations and expecting the same from others
- Taking responsibility for our actions within a culture of transparency
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook