New York University-Long Island Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 500-word limit.
- Please indicate which specialty you are interested in applying for (Please choose one):
- Internal Medicine — Pediatrics — OB/Gyn — Surgery | How to Answer Secondary Prompts About Specialties
- Please indicate your reasons for choosing this particular field. Please demonstrate for our admission committee how your previous health-related and non-health-related experiences and your personal attributes helped inform your decision.
- Applicants have occasionally had to overcome significant adversities in their lives. Our admission committee would be most interested not only in hearing about how you overcame such an adversity, but also how doing so helped you succeed. (Optional) | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Please comment on any significant fluctuations in your academic record, or other application irregularities, not already addressed elsewhere. (Optional) | How to Write About Red Flags in Your Secondary Essays
Primary Deadline: November 15, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $110.00
FAP Waiver: Yes, Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
New York University Long Island School of Medicine Mission:
This school currently does not have a mission, vision, or values listed.