The following are questions for a new series of posts entitled “Reader Profiles.” Each post in this series will detail the current situations and challenges of a MedicalSchoolHQ reader. The purpose of this series is to help us all identify with people like us (in similar situations — not all will be, of course, but eventually I’m sure you will find someone like you here), get to know the frequent commenters on the site, and hear some wisdom/challenges from people other than the site creators. I believe this series is a great alternative to those that don’t enjoy digging around forums for information about situations that they may be currently plagued with. Use the below questions as the outline. You can expand each answer beyond the default questions I have entered. Add anything you feel will be helpful to those at the start of their journey.
Copy and paste the following questions into an email with your answers and send to [email protected]
- Please tell us a bit about yourself (include where you are in your path to becoming a physician).
- Describe your path to medical school (MCAT scores, undergrad GPA with emphasis on any difficulties in required courses, D.O. vs M.D. and why, and if you are further along in your training any other information you think would be helpful to others – i.e. AMCAS process tips, interview tips).
- What were(are) the biggest obstacles to your path to an acceptance letter?
- What have you encountered that you wish you could go back and tell your younger self?
- What are your plans for the future (medical school goals, residency goals, practice types)?
- What is(are) your best piece(s) of advice for others on their path to medical school?
Crush the MCAT with our
MCAT Secrets eBook
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook