Louisiana State University- Shreveport Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated November 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Briefly describe the key motivational factor(s) in your decision to apply to LSU Health Shreveport and any additional information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Admissions Committee in consideration of your application. (500 characters)
- Second prompt for reapplicants: PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant? (2000 characters)
Primary Deadline: Usually around Nov 2nd
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Dec 15th
Secondary Fee: $50
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
Casper Required: No
PREview Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
Louisiana State University School of Medicine- Shreveport Mission:
The primary mission of Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center at Shreveport (LSUHSC-S) is to teach, heal, and discover, in order to advance the well being of the region and beyond. LSUHSC-S encompasses the Schools of Medicine, Graduate Studies, and Allied Health Professions in Shreveport. In implementing its mission, LSUHSC-S is committed to:
- Educating physicians, basic scientists, residents, fellows and allied health professionals based on state-of-the-art curricula, methods, and facilities, preparing students for careers in health care service, teaching and research.
- Providing state-of-the-art clinical care, including a range of tertiary special services, to an enlarging and diverse regional base of patients.
- Achieving distinction and international recognition for basic science and clinical research programs that contribute to the body of knowledge and practice in science and medicine.
- Supporting the region and the State in economic growth and prosperity by utilizing research and knowledge to engage in productive partnerships with the private sector.
- Fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion that promotes mutual respect for all.
- In the space provided, describe briefly your most fulfilling experience in each category (limit to 300 characters):
- Volunteer Work
- On a separate sheet of paper, please detail any aspects of your background, education, upbringing, and/or experiences that you feel would add value to a medical school class and the field of medicine. Be sure your name is on the sheet. It is important that you avoid using proxies. For example, avoid simply stating that you grew up in a rural setting. Instead, explain what value your having grown up in a rural setting would add to a medical school class and the field of medicine.
How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
Required for non-Louisiana residents
- If you are not a Louisiana Resident, please describe your connection, if any, to north Louisiana.
Required only for reapplicants to LSU Shreveport
- Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant?
- Briefly describe how you plan to contribute to LSU Health Shreveport and the Shreveport/Bossier community?