University of Maryland Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
All prompts have a 1,500 character limit.
- Please describe and explain below any academic problems which you might have had while in college and/or graduate or professional school. Please include withdrawals, incompletes, poor grades, etc. (If you feel that you have not had any academic problems please state that) 1000 Characters | How to Write About Red Flags in Your Secondary Essays
- Please explain what you have been doing during the 2019-2020 academic year. If you graduated/will graduate in 2019, what are your plans during this gap year? 1000 Characters | How to Write About Your Gap Years in Secondary Essays
- Briefly describe your most important exposure to clinical medicine. 1500 Characters
- Briefly describe your most satisfying experience related to community service. 1500 Characters
- Without limiting the discussion to your own identity, please describe how you envision contributing to the core values of diversity and inclusion at our School of Medicine, and in the medical profession. 1500 Characters | How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- What does it mean to you to enter into a profession? 1500 Characters
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $80
FAP Waiver: No
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Email
University of Maryland School of Medicine Mission:
The University of Maryland School of Medicine is dedicated to providing excellence in biomedical education, basic and clinical research, quality patient care and service to improve the health of the citizens of Maryland and beyond. The School is committed to the education and training of medical, MD/PhD, graduate, physical therapy and medical and research technology students. We will recruit and develop faculty to serve as exemplary role models for our students.
University of Maryland School of Medicine Vision:
The University of Maryland School of Medicine will achieve international eminence as an academic institution in undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate and continuing professional education; basic and clinical research; clinical practice and service; public health and prevention; and responsiveness to its community.
The School of Medicine, in an environment with both rapid scientific and technological advances and economic changes, will be recognized for its excellence and innovation in:
- Patient Care
- Community Service
University of Maryland School of Medicine Values:
- Social and Public Health Responsibility
- Collaboration and Communication
- Respect, Ethical Behavior and Professionalism
- Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability
- Briefly describe your most important exposure to clinical medicine.
- Briefly describe your most satisfying experience related to community service.
- What does it mean to you to enter into a profession?
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook