University of Nebraska Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated April 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Are you the first person in your immediate family to pursue a career in healthcare? If not, what medical professions are your immediate family members a part of? (N/A if not applicable)
- If you have been away from full-time academics for more than two years, please explain. (N/A if not applicable)
- If you are a re-applicant to the UNMC College of Medicine, how is your application different this year? (N/A if not applicable)
- If this is your first application to UNMC, but not your first application to medical school, what is your rationale for applying to UNMC this cycle? (N/A if not applicable)
- What is your personal rationale for applying to the UNMC College of Medicine, especially if you are not from Nebraska?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- Tell us about a time when you have had to overcome adversity.
- What have been the positive impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on your personal and professional life? (1,000 characters)
- Given the potential impact on shadowing opportunities since 2020, how do you know that you want to be a physician and what the career entails?
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $70
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates:
University of Nebraska College of Medicine Mission:
The mission of the College of Medicine at the University of Nebraska Medical Center is to promote and improve the health of the citizens of Nebraska by advancing health and biomedical sciences through the highest quality education, patient care, research excellence and community service. We will pursue innovation and national and international leadership by:
- Preparing health sciences professionals for practicing tomorrow’s medicine and encouraging them to practice in Nebraska, including underserved communities.
- Targeting efforts in health and biomedical sciences research to support our strengths and our mission and to respond to the needs of the citizens of the state of Nebraska.
- Integrating education and research to foster cost effective health care and outreach programs.
- Providing equal opportunities for our students, faculty, staff and patients to achieve their full potential.
- Maintaining a distinguished faculty and providing resources to assure excellence in education, patient care and research programs.
Former Prompts (before 23-24 cycle)
- Why do you want to attend the University of Nebraska College of Medicine? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”