Alabama College (ACOM) Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated May 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
All prompts have a no more than a single page typed limit.
- Describe how specific attributes of ACOM’s mission and core values align with your professional goals and personal attributes?
- The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine promotes values and equity from various cultural, social, and economic backgrounds. Discuss the role that diversity played in your decision to become an osteopathic medical school applicant.
- What are your personal attributes that demonstrate the osteopathic philosophy? (500 words or less)
Primary Deadline: Usually around Mar 1st
Secondary Deadline: Usually around April 15th
Secondary Fee: $50
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal/Email
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Mission:
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine will provide quality, learner-centered osteopathic education, research, and service, while promoting graduate medical education, with emphasis on patient-centered, team-based primary care to serve the medically underserved areas of Alabama, the Tri-State area and the nation.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Vision:
The Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine will be regionally and nationally recognized for significantly impacting the physician workforce needs and access to quality medical services.
Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine Values:
Former Prompts (before 23-24 cycle)
- What personal qualities do you possess that will make you a successful osteopathic physician?
How to Answer Secondary Prompts Specific To Osteopathy
- What life experiences and people have inspired you to become an osteopathic physician?
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays