Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 400-word limit.
- Please describe your motivation for becoming a physician. What contributions do you feel that you could make to the medical profession in the future?
- Please list any additional clinical experiences that are not included on your AMCAS application. Please include the physician’s name OR type of experience (i.e., Nursing, PA, EMT, E.R. Scribe, etc.) in the description column below along with the location, dates and total number of hours. If no additional experiences have occurred, please select “N/A.”
- The Admissions Committee regards the diversity of an entering class as an important factor in serving the educational mission of the school. The Committee strongly encourages you to share unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, region of residence with respect to its health professional needs, ties to MCG Medical College of Georgia, culture, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or life and/or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.
- Please describe the geographical area in which you would most likely practice medicine. Please include the country, region, state, city and/or town in your response. Please explain any inconsistencies in your academic record. This may include below average course performance, grade trends, MCAT scores, etc.
- If applicable, indicate any special experiences, unusual factors or other information you have not already addressed in your application.
Secondary Deadline: 2 weeks after the secondary application is received
Secondary Fee: None
FAP Waiver: Does not charge a secondary application fee
CASPer Required: Yes
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates:
Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University Mission:
MCG will lead Georgia and the nation to better health through excellence in biomedical education, discovery, patient
care, and service.
Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University Vision:
MCG will be a nationally recognized leader in medicine, delivering patient-centered and technologically advanced medical education, transformative research, and exceptional clinical and preventive care, leading to healthier communities.
Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University Values:
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook