Medical College of Wisconsin Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2020 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 2,000 character limit.
- Explain how your unique background, identity, interests, or talents will contribute to the MCW learning community and how MCW will uniquely prepare you for your future goals.
- Recount a time when you failed or made a decision you regret. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Describe your motivation for pursuing a primary care focused, community-based medical education program. Focus on how a MCW regional campus educational experience will prepare you for your unique future career in medicine. Include the influence of key experiences with rural or medically underserved communities.
- MCW values the unique backgrounds and identities of our incoming students. Please indicate if any of the following apply to you. Check all that apply and please provide additional details.
- I belong to a race or ethnicity considered underrepresented in medicine.
- I identify as part of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, or asexual (LGBTQIA) community.
- I am the first person in my immediate family to attend college (excluding siblings).
- I was born or grew up in a rural community.
- I come from an economically disadvantaged background.
- I attended an underperforming elementary, middle, or high school.
- My primary language is NOT English.
- I have overcome a significant hardship.
How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays
Secondary Deadline: December 1, 2019
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes Post Interview/Portal
Medical College of Wisconsin Mission:
We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook