West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle.
- Why do you want to be an osteopathic physician?
How to Answer Secondary Prompts Specific To Osteopathy
- What advantage do you see in attending WVSOM over other medical schools?
How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Describe an ethically challenging situation you have been in, and how you responded.
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- What do you feel it will take for you to succeed in medical school?
- How many hours per week are you willing to commit to studying in addition to the 25 hours of weekly scheduled class time
- Describe a situation in work, volunteer activities, or organizations where you demonstrated your ability to work well with others.
- What experiences (living, working or visiting) have you had in rural areas?
Secondary Deadline: November 1, 2021
Secondary Fee: Only If Offered An Interview
FAP Waiver: No
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine Mission:
The mission of the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM) is to educate students from diverse backgrounds as lifelong learners in osteopathic medicine and complementary health related programs; to support and develop graduate medical education training; to advance scientific knowledge through academic, clinical and basic science research; and to promote patient-centered, evidence based medicine. WVSOM is dedicated to serve, first and foremost, the state of West Virginia and the health care needs of its residents, emphasizing primary care in rural areas.