New York Institute of Technology at Arkansas State University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
All prompts have a 1,000 character limit.
- Which NYITCOM campus/site are you interested in attending? (The NYITCOM Admissions Committee reserves the right to recommend the best campus fit for you based upon your complete application.)
- Would you consider attending either campus?
- Briefly describe the reasons for your campus/site choice and comment on one or two factors that are most important to you in choosing where you wish to pursue your medical education. (Max. 1000 characters) | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Describe an experience you have had in interacting/relating with people whose backgrounds are different than your own. What did you learn from it? How did it change your perspective? (Max. 1000 characters)
- Describe a challenge you’ve faced and the steps you took to overcome it. (Max. 1000 characters) | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- After residency, describe the community in which you see yourself practicing medicine. (Max. 1000 characters)
- Have you previously applied to NYITCOM? | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
- If yes, what specific steps have you taken to strengthen your credentials for the current application year? (Max. 1000 characters)
- Do you have any immediate family members (ONLY grandparents, parents, brothers/sisters, spouses) who have graduated from NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine?
- If you do, please provide their name, relationship, and year of graduation from NYITCOM. (Max. 200 characters)
- How and where did you learn about NYITCOM? (Max. 250 characters)
Primary Deadline: March 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $80
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: No
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine at Arkansas State University Mission:
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) is committed to training osteopathic physicians for a lifetime of learning and practice, based upon the integration of evidence-based knowledge, critical thinking, and the tenets of osteopathic principles and practice. We are also committed to preparing osteopathic physicians for careers in health care, including that in the inner city and rural communities, as well as to the scholarly pursuit of new knowledge concerning health and disease. We provide a continuum of educational experiences to NYITCOM students, extending through the clinical and post-graduate years of training. This continuum provides the future osteopathic physician with the foundation necessary to maintain competence and compassion, as well as the ability to better serve society through research, teaching, and leadership.
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine at Arkansas State University Vision:
To advance patient-centered, population-based osteopathic health care through transformative education and illuminating research.
- What NYITCOM campus/site are you interested in attending? The NYITCOM Admissions Committee reserves the right to recommend the best campus fit for you based upon your complete application.
How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Briefly describe the reasons for your campus/site choice and comment on one or two factors that are most important to you in choosing where you wish to pursue your medical education.
- Please describe how your personal characteristics, experiences and skills will uniquely contribute to NYITCOM’s diverse learning environment and mission.
How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- After residency, describe the community in which you see yourself practicing medicine.
How To Answer Secondary Prompts About The Future
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook