University of South Carolina-Columbia Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 2,000 character limit.
- What are your medical practice goals?
- If it has been more than six months since you completed your bachelor’s degree, please describe your employment status since that time (part-time, full-time, and dates). | How to Write About Your Gap Years in Secondary Essays
- In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?
- What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts About Specialties
- Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $95
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes
University of South Carolina-Columbia School of Medicine Mission:
We serve the people of South Carolina and beyond through exemplary medical and health education, transformative research, and compassionate patient care.
University of South Carolina-Columbia School of Medicine Vision:
To be part of a vibrant academic health center that provides access to the best evidence-based medical care and biomedical education, supported by research and
University of South Carolina-Columbia School of Medicine Values:
- Excellence: We are committed to achieving the highest levels of personal and professional performance in all our endeavors.
- Professionalism: We adhere to the highest standards of behavior guided by the values and practices of our professions.
- Collaboration: We partner with individuals, teams, institutions and communities to enhance the value of our efforts.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We create and sustain an inclusive and diverse environment, demonstrating in word and deed our commitment to valuing and supporting each other and those whom we serve.
- Compassion: We are resolute in our efforts to relieve suffering and promote fairness.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook