University of South Carolina-Columbia Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 2,000 character limit.
- What are your medical practice goals?
- If it has been more than six months since you completed your bachelor’s degree, please describe your employment status since that time (part-time, full-time, and dates).
- In what region of the country do you want to practice medicine? Why?
- What areas of medicine are you interested in at this time, or what areas do you plan to pursue?
- Do you have any accomplishments or experiences that make you a unique applicant?
Secondary Deadline: 2 weeks after secondary is received
Secondary Fee: $95
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes
University of South Carolina-Columbia School of Medicine Mission:
We serve the people of South Carolina and beyond through exemplary medical and health education, transformative research, and compassionate patient care.
University of South Carolina-Columbia School of Medicine Vision:
To be part of a vibrant academic health center that provides access to the best evidence-based medical care and biomedical education, supported by research and
University of South Carolina-Columbia School of Medicine Values:
- Excellence: We are committed to achieving the highest levels of personal and professional performance in all our endeavors.
- Professionalism: We adhere to the highest standards of behavior guided by the values and practices of our professions.
- Collaboration: We partner with individuals, teams, institutions and communities to enhance the value of our efforts.
- Diversity and Inclusion: We create and sustain an inclusive and diverse environment, demonstrating in word and deed our commitment to valuing and supporting each other and those whom we serve.
- Compassion: We are resolute in our efforts to relieve suffering and promote fairness.
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook