University of South Carolina-Greenville Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- If you are not accepted to medical school for the upcoming year, what are your plans (2000 characters)?
- If you are currently participating in an academic program, please project intended coursework for the academic year (2000 characters).
- Describe any additional medically-related volunteering/shadowing experience not included in your AMCAS application (2000 characters).
- Describe any additional community service or volunteer activities not included in your AMCAS application (2000 characters).
- Please describe any additional research or leadership experience not included in your AMCAS application (2000 characters).
- Please provide any information regarding personal challenges/hardships that you have overcome (If not applicable, this question may be left blank) (2000 characters).
- Describe any past achievements, experiences, challenges, family or personal circumstances, interests, etc. that you believe would bring added value and diversity to the learning environment at USCSOM Greenville (2000 characters).
- What other additional information would you like the Admissions Committee to consider that has not been previously addressed?
If you are not a South Carolina resident, what relationships, bonds, or interests do you have in this state? (If not applicable, this question may be left blank) (2000 characters).
- One of the Guiding Principles of the USCSOM Greenville is to “produce physicians competent not only in medical knowledge, technical skills and patient care, but also in compassion, collaborative interpersonal communication, professional responsibility and ethical behavior.” Patients sometimes complain that physicians are “aloof”, “don’t seem to care” or “lack compassion”. How, especially in a busy and often hectic setting, can a physician best demonstrate his or her compassion and genuine concern for a patient? How might compassionate patient-centered care improve patient outcomes (3500 characters)?
Secondary Deadline: December 15, 2018
Secondary Fee: $95
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/USCGSOM Website
University of South Carolina-Greenville School of Medicine Mission:
We prepare physicians committed to improving the health and wellness of your family and your community through creative teaching, innovative research and quality clinical care.
University of South Carolina-Greenville School of Medicine Vision:
Cultivate a culture of curiosity and commitment to others to transform the health and wellness of communities.
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook