Eastern Virginia Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated June 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Briefly describe your exposure to medicine. (2000 characters)
- What do you think you will like best about being a physician? (2000 characters)
- What do you think you will like least about being a physician? (2000 characters)
- Describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now. (2000 characters)
- Please indicate your reasons for applying to EVMS. (2000 characters)
- EVMS is dedicated to inclusivity and supporting patients and students from diverse backgrounds. Feel free to share your personal experience or ties to communities from diverse backgrounds. Please explain in detail if you wish to respond. Some examples include but are not limited to race/ethnicity, culture, LGBTQ+, differently-abled/disabled, etc. (2000 characters)
Primary Deadline: Usually around Nov 1st
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
Casper Required: No
PREview Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates:
Eastern Virginia Medical School Mission:
Eastern Virginia Medical School is an academic health center dedicated to achieving excellence in medical and health professions education, research and patient care. We value creating and fostering a diverse and cohesive faculty, professional staff and student body as the surest way to achieve our mission. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we will strive to improve the health of our community and to be recognized as a national center of intellectual and clinical strength in medicine and Health Professions. Our commitment to ensuring institutional effectiveness is demonstrated by the continuous assessment processes we use to improve program performance and student learning outcomes.
Eastern Virginia Medical School Vision:
Eastern Virginia Medical School will be recognized as the most community-oriented school of medicine and health professions in the United States.
Eastern Virginia Medical School Values:
- Excellence: We determine with our stakeholders what is valuable and hold ourselves to high performance standards that fulfill our promises.
- Collegiality: We serve our community and one another, building strong and mutually supportive relationships. We work as a cooperative, united team to further our purposes of education, research and patient care.
- Integrity: We strive to maintain the highest ethical standards and accept accountability for all we do and say.