Emory University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated June 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- List your entire curriculum plan for the current academic year. If you are not currently in school, please briefly describe your plans for the coming year. (200 words)
- Briefly describe your health-related experiences. Be sure to include important experiences that are in your AMCAS application, as well as any recent experiences. (200 words)
- Briefly describe your interest in Emory and the Emory degree program you have selected. (200 words)
- What do you consider to be the role of the physician in the community? (200 words)
- If you have any updates or new information to report since you have submitted your AMCAS primary application, please briefly describe below. (200 words)
Primary Deadline: Usually around Oct 15th
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Dec 1st
Secondary Fee: $120
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
Casper Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
Emory Univerity School of Medicine Mission:
The Emory University School of Medicine is a leading institution with the highest standards in education, biomedical research, and patient care.
We are committed to recruiting and developing a diverse group of students and innovative leaders in biomedical science, public health, medical education, and clinical care.
We foster a culture that integrates leading edge basic, translational, and clinical research to further the ability to deliver quality health care, to predict illness and treat the sick, and to promote health of our patients and community.
Emory University School of Medicine Vision:
We are living at a unique time in biomedical history. We’ve seen a revolution in complementary forces that are helping us change the way we think of medicine.
For the first time, we have a complete “parts list” of genes and other building blocks, which means we can personalize therapies. At the same time, we have an IT revolution that lets us gather data, mine it and visualize it in sophisticated ways, and act on it in real time in the ICU or predict problems with anticipatory medicine. And new technology allows us to probe the human organism through imaging and other areas, to visualize what’s going on. Add to those the twenty-first century patients, who are well-informed, empowered, and incredible advocates for change.
These forces are converging to allow us to take on the big problems, and have a good chance of finding solutions to ones that have frustrated us for so long.
Uniquely positioned to make a difference
Embedded within Emory University, we have links to the business school, the department of chemistry, and many other academic resources that are traditionally outside the realm of health care. We have hospitals where we teach the next generation of health professionals to provide the most advanced, compassionate patient care. We have research institutes and government and industry partnerships racing to find the next discovery or cure.
We have all of this in one location, with a structure that allows those important interdisciplinary interactions to occur. With these resources and our team of bold thinkers who are willing to take risks in order to achieve something great, we believe there are no limits to what we can accomplish.