Leonard M. Miller (University of Miami) Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2020 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 500-word limit.
- Briefly describe the one clinical experience you have had that has most significantly influenced your decision to study medicine. Do not replicate your AMCAS personal statement.
- Why have you selected the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine for your medical education? Please be as specific as possible. | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Please provide a chronological list with dates of your clinical experiences/shadowing.
- Please provide a chronological list with dates of your community service/volunteering.
- Please discuss a situation where you had to use your leadership skills.
- Please briefly discuss your research experience.
- Please provide a chronological list with dates of your employment.
- Please provide a description of any activities involving the FINE ARTS (dance, drama, music, art, photography, etc.)
- Please provide a description of any activities involving SPORTS (organized team sports, recreational activities that you play, watch or follow)
- Describe your most meaningful involvement in STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS.
- Please provide a description of your most memorable TRAVEL experience.
- Please provide a description of your HOBBIES and what you do for fun and relaxation.
Primary Deadline: December 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $90
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine Mission:
The mission of the Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine and the University of Miami Health System is to be a state-of-the-art academic medical center. This will be accomplished by:
- Delivering high-quality, compassionate health care
- Leading life-changing discoveries and transforming patient care through innovative research
- Educating the next generation of medical leader
- Promoting the health and well-being of our community
- Nurturing diversity, equity and inclusivity
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook