Leonard M. Miller (University of Miami) Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from 2019 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 500-word limit.
- Briefly describe the one clinical experience you have had that has most significantly influenced your decision to study medicine. Do not replicate your AMCAS personal statement.
- Why have you selected the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine for your medical education? Please be as specific as possible.
- Please provide a chronological list with dates of your clinical experiences/shadowing.
- Please provide a chronological list with dates of your community service/volunteering.
- Please discuss a situation where you had to use your leadership skills.
- Please briefly discuss your research experience.
- Please provide a chronological list with dates of your employment.
- Please provide a description of any activities involving the FINE ARTS (dance, drama, music, art, photography, etc.)
- Please provide a description of any activities involving SPORTS (organized team sports, recreational activities that you play, watch or follow)
- Describe your most meaningful involvement in STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS.
- Please provide a description of your most memorable TRAVEL experience.
- Please provide a description of your HOBBIES and what you do for fun and relaxation.
Secondary Deadline: January 15, 2019
Secondary Fee: $90
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine Mission:
The mission of the Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine and the University of Miami Health System is to be a state-of-the-art academic medical center. This will be accomplished by:
- Delivering high-quality, compassionate health care
- Leading life-changing discoveries and transforming patient care through innovative research
- Educating the next generation of medical leader
- Promoting the health and well-being of our community
- Nurturing diversity, equity and inclusivity
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook