Marshall University Joan C. Edwards Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated April 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Why did you decide to apply to Marshall?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Where do you want to serve or practice medicine?
- If you are not presently attending school indicate your employment or other plans for the time prior to your planned enrollment in medical school. If still in school, enter N/A.
- Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider.
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $75 for Residents/$100 for Nonresidents
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: Yes for Nonresidents That Are Not From A Surrounding State
Accepts Application Updates:
Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine Mission:
The Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine at Marshall University is a community-based, Veterans Affairs affiliated medical school dedicated to providing high quality medical education and postgraduate training programs to foster a skilled physician workforce to meet the unique healthcare needs of West Virginia and Central Appalachia. Building upon its medical education foundation, the school seeks to develop centers of excellence in clinical care, including primary care in rural underserved areas, focused and responsive programs of biomedical science graduate study, biomedical and clinical science research, academic scholarship and public service outreach. The School is committed to fulfilling its mission by creating a diverse and inclusive academic community that is sustained in a collegial and nurturing environment of life-long learning.
Former Prompts (before 23-24 cycle)
- Why did you decide to apply to Marshall? | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Where do you want to serve or practice medicine? | How To Answer Secondary Prompts About The Future
- If you are not presently attending school, indicate your employment or other plans for the time prior to your planned enrollment in medical school. | How to Write About Career Changes in Your Secondary Essays | How to Write About Your Gap Years in Secondary Essays