Mayo Clinic- Arizona Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 500-word limit.
- Why are you specifically interested in pursuing your medical education at Mayo Clinic School of Medicine even if you gain acceptances to other highly ranked medical schools?
- We are all unique in different ways. Explain how your personal diversity manifests in your personal and professional activities.
- Share with us your thoughts about the relevance – or not – of diverse learning environments in which you wish to learn medicine.
Secondary Deadline: 11/15/2018
Secondary Fee: $120
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine Mission:
To educate and inspire a diverse workforce of physicians and scientists through excellence in medical education, research and clinical care; to alleviate human suffering by providing compassionate and culturally sensitive care; to enhance the biomedical sciences through discovery and innovation; and to advance the national health care system through population science and leadership.
- Physician leaders. Physicians model servant leadership in a wide variety of professional settings.
- Patient-centered. Exemplifying humanism and Mayo Clinic’s unique model of patient-centered health care.
- Science-driven. Supporting evidence-based medicine and accelerating discovery and innovation using traditional and emerging sciences, and improving the health care system by applying tools from the science of health care delivery.
- Team-based. Working and studying in collaborative groups and facilitating interdisciplinary, collaborative team-based practice.
- High-value health care. Advancing the science of health care delivery by mastering the necessary knowledge to improve quality, safety and service within health care systems.
- Resilient. Adjusting and thriving in an evolving health care landscape, through deliberate training in wellness and resilience and ongoing reflection and effective change in self and in others.
- Diverse and culturally competent. Recognizing, valuing and respecting the richness of diversity and cultural differences.
Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine Vision:
Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine will transform heath care for both patients and society through excellence in education, discovery, innovation and leadership.
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook