Saint Louis University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 10,000 character limit.
- Will you be a full-time student for the 2018 – 2019 academic year?
- Do you wish to include any comments, other than your AMCAS personal statement, to the Admissions Committee?
- Were you ever the recipient of any action (e.g. dismissal, disqualification, suspension, etc.) by any college for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violations?
- MD-PhD only: Relate your current thinking about the type and scope of clinical career that you seek. Remember that most applicants cannot identify at this point the specific medical disciplines they might choose for residency programs. However, you may have preliminary ideas about your relative interest in direct patient care vs. consultative service, translational vs. basic research, academic medical center vs. corporate, etc. (max 10,000 characters)
Secondary Deadline: January 15, 2018
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
Saint Louis University School of Medicine Mission:
The mission of the Saint Louis University School of Medicine is the pursuit of excellence in education, research, clinical care, and community engagement through professional development, collaboration and social justice.
Our educational approach embraces integrated activities in basic and clinical research; the provision of patient-centered, compassionate, culturally competent health care; and engagement with the community through public service. Grounded in an understanding of the scientific method and an appreciation for personal commitment and service to others, these diverse educational experiences prepare individuals for careers and leadership roles in medicine and the medical sciences.
In April 2018, the governing body for the School of Medicine approved its strategic plan after a year of collaboration and dialogue between many faculty members and the hard work of four dedicated planning groups. The plan is a five-year road map that guides the School of Medicine to advance quality and growth in research, education, clinical care and administrative operations. It aligns with our values, vision and mission of living in service to others.
Saint Louis University School of Medicine Values:
- A concern for the sanctity of human life.
- A commitment to dignity and respect in the provision of medical care to all patients.
- A devotion to social justice, particularly as regards inequities in availability of and access to health care.
- Humility in awareness of medicine’s inherent limitations in the cure of illness.
- An appreciation for all of the factors that affect a person’s state of health or illness.
- A mature and well-balanced professional behavior that derives from comfortable relationships with members of the human family and one’s Creator.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook