University of Iowa Carver Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts a 1,500 character limit.
- We understand you may be applying to multiple medical schools. Please explain your reasons for applying to the Carver College of Medicine. | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Describe any unique personal characteristics and obstacles you may have overcome that will contribute to the diversity of, and bring educational benefits to, the entering class. | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Please list and briefly describe all medically related experiences (paid/volunteer) you have completed during the past 5 years. Do NOT forecast future hours. Please include experiences listed on your AMCAS and also provide any additional experiences NOT listed on your AMCAS. 15 entries max with 175 character count.
- If you are a reapplicant to the Carver College of Medicine, how have you strengthened your application? | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
- If you are not currently in a degree-seeking program, please indicate what you will be doing from the time you complete this secondary application to the start of medical school.
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $60
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes Academic Updates/Portal
University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine Mission:
The Carver College of Medicine has three inextricably linked missions: education, research, and service. The college aspires to be responsive to the needs of society through the excellence of its educational programs in the health professions and biomedical sciences, by the outstanding quality of its research, and through the provision of innovative and comprehensive health care and other services.