University of Utah Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated April 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- In 2019 the UUSOM began a strategic transformation process to emphasize community, relationships, and professionalism in the learning culture. How does our program align with your career goals? How will you contribute to this learning culture?
- The School of Medicine aims to create a culture of inclusion and anti-racism in health education and healthcare delivery. How have you promoted or advocated for health equity in your experiences? How do you envision contributing to the UUSOM and the communities we serve?
- Reflecting on the past few years of the pandemic, what has the impact of COVID-19 been on you and/or your community? What lessons have you learned about yourself?
Only required to students applying to the RUUTE scholar program.
- According to your experiences, what does rural and underserved mean to you?
- How would participation in RUUTE help you fulfill your career aspirations?
- Why do you believe this program will be a good fit for you?
Only required for students applying to the Population Health Program.
- Please share your interest in the Population Health Program
- What are your career interests and future professional goals?
- Please describe how you have demonstrated commitment to Population Health concepts during your academic and professional experiences
- What does Population Health mean to you and how do you plan on implementing it into your future education and professional career?
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: No
University of Utah School of Medicine Mission:
The University of Utah School of Medicine Office of Admissions serves the State of Utah, our medical school and the healthcare profession by admitting well qualified and prepared medical students. Through a holistic culture based on valuing teamwork, professionalism, compassion, and communication, we strive to select a diverse and innovative class who exemplify dedication, service to their community and patients, leadership, research skill, and academic excellence.
University of Utah School of Medicine Vision:
The University of Utah School of Medicine Office of Admission will inspire and transform the application process through quality, education, and innovation to serve the state of Utah and beyond.
Former Prompts (before 23-24 cycle)
- The Admissions Committee will evaluate your application based on your participation in the activities listed below. Describe your involvement in each of the recommended activities.
- Recommended Activities
- Community/Volunteer Service
- Physician Shadowing
- Patient Exposure
- Recommended Activities