University of North Texas Health Science Center Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated June 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- What experiences and/or relationships have motivated you toward a career in osteopathic medicine? (2000 characters)
- If you attended more than two colleges/universities, explain why. Community colleges are not needed. (1000 characters)
- If applicable, please update the information contained on your TMDSAS application. Indicate any additional grades earned, alterations in your proposed coursework or graduation date, additions to your extracurricular activities, name change, or anything else you feel the Admissions Committee should know. (1000 characters)
Did you live in a single parent household?
If yes, number of years/months:
- Do you consider yourself financially disadvantaged? If yes, please explain. (1000 characters)
- Do you consider yourself educationally disadvantaged? If yes, please explain. (1000 characters)
One of the values of the University of North Texas Health Science Center is Integrity (uphold the highest ethical standards) which can be described as someone who:
– does what is right, not just what is easy, even if no one is looking
– conducts themselves with honesty, trustworthiness and dependability
– is transparent in actions
– owns, corrects and learns from successes and failures
Please select a specific instance where you have demonstrated Integrity and describe how this is indicative of your character. (2000 characters)
Primary Deadline: Usually around Nov 1st
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Nov 15th
Secondary Fee: $50
FAP Waiver: No
Casper Required: No
PREview Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
University of North Texas Health Science Center Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Mission:
Create solutions for a healthier community by preparing tomorrow’s patient-centered physicians and scientists and advancing the continuum of medical knowledge, discovery, and osteopathic health care.
- What experiences and/or relationships have motivated you toward a career in osteopathic medicine?
- Please describe your most meaningful health-related experience.
- TCOM seeks applicants who also have exceptional skills outside of academic performance. Please provide an example where you may have demonstrated one of the following:
- Leadership over a project that involved interaction with people outside your organization.
- Developed a plan to work through a specific situation where your ethics or moral code was challenged.
- Ability to improve by developing and executing a plan to succeed in an endeavor after previously being unsuccessful.
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Do you consider yourself financially disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.
- Do you consider yourself educationally disadvantaged? If yes, please explain.