Yale Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 500-word limit.
- Yale School of Medicine values diversity in all its forms. How will your background and experiences contribute to this important focus of our institution and inform your future role as a physician? | How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays
MD applicants: Please answer either one of the following questions.
MD/PhD applicants: Please answer question two as it pertains to your proposed PhD research.
- While there is great emphasis on the physician-patient relationship, Yale School of Medicine also emphasizes the importance of training future physicians to care for communities and populations. Describe how your experiences would contribute to this aspect of the mission of the Yale School of Medicine. | How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- Research is essential to patient care, and all students at Yale School of Medicine complete a research thesis. Tell us how your research interests, skills and experiences would contribute to scholarship at Yale School of Medicine. | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- It should be used to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee any important information (personal, academic, or professional) not discussed in other sections of your Yale Secondary Application.
Primary Deadline: October 15, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $95
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
Yale School of Medicine Mission:
As a preeminent academic medical center that supports the highest quality education, research, and patient care, the Yale School of Medicine will:
- Educate and inspire scholars and future leaders who will advance the practice of medicine and the biomedical sciences,
- Advance medical knowledge to sustain and improve health and to alleviate suffering caused by illness and disease, and
- Provide outstanding care and service for patients in a compassionate and respectful manner.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook