Cleveland Clinic Lerner Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
- The admissions committee is interested in gaining more insight into you as a person. Please describe a significant personal challenge you have faced, one which you feel has helped to shape you as a person. Examples may include a moral or ethical dilemma, a situation of personal adversity, or a hurdle in your life that you worked hard to overcome. Please include how you got through the experience and what you learned about yourself as a result. Please limit your response to 1 page (about 3,500 characters), and leave a blank line between paragraphs. | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- If you were working on a small group project and you thought that another student wasn’t carrying his/her load, how would you handle it? Please limit your response to 300-1000 characters, and leave a blank line between paragraphs.
- Each year our students target for themselves areas of improvement. Other than the acquisition of new knowledge, what personal area do you think you have that could use strengthening? Design a plan as to how you could improve it. Please limit your response to 500-1000 characters, and leave a blank line between paragraphs.
- Tell us about a time when you received unexpected criticism or negative feedback. How did you react? What did you do? Please limit your response to 500-1000 characters, and leave a blank line between paragraphs.
- How do you see your career ten years from now? Please limit your response to 500-1000 characters, and leave a blank line between paragraphs. | How To Answer Secondary Prompts About The Future
- When were you challenged to teach, coach, or mentor others to learn a new skill or improve an old one? Please describe how it went and what you learned from the experience. Please limit your response to 500-1000 characters, and a blank line between paragraphs.
- Please describe the hypothesis of your research, why the methods were selected to answer that hypothesis, your results and interpretation of your results with respect to future findings. If you have not participated in research or scholarly work, please indicate so in the text area below.
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $90
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes Only if Invited for Interview/Portal
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine Mission:
The mission of the CCLCM is “to educate a limited number of highly qualified persons who seek to become physician investigators and scientists committed to the advancement of biomedical research and clinical practice.”