=University of Kentucky Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- Why have you chosen to apply to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine? (Optional 1000 characters)
- Please elaborate on personal characteristics and any accomplishments and experiences that you feel help to demonstrate your potential to contribute to the college and to the profession of medicine. (Optional 1000 characters)
- Please elaborate on any Kentucky ties: personal, familial, etc. (Optional 1000 characters)
- What competencies and qualities do you feel a physician should possess? (1500 characters)
- Describe the most significant community service activity in which you have participated. What did you learn from that experience? (2000 characters)
- Describe an experience or situation which made you feel grateful? (1500 characters)
- In providing patient care, should physicians maintain emotional distance or empathize with patients’ emotional states? (1500 characters)
- Describe a situation in your undergraduate education when you felt alive and engaged in learning. (1500 characters)
- Please share unique, personally important, and/or challenging facts in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, or life or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine. (2500 characters)
Secondary Deadline: January 15, 2019
Secondary Fee: $50
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No for Residents/Yes for Out of State Residents
Accepts Application Updates:
University of Kentucky College of Medicine Mission:
The College of Medicine promotes a diverse and inclusive environment that provides excellence in education, equitable health care, and transformative research to improve the health and wellness of Kentuckians and beyond.
University of Kentucky College of Medicine Vision:
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine is a national leader in solving the challenges in health care through transdisciplinary and transformational research, education, and advanced clinical care.
University of Kentucky College of Medicine Values:
- Diversity – We welcome and embrace diversity as a quality improvement strategy that will positively impact all functional areas of the college.
- Innovation – We will use creative initiatives to produce tangible outcomes in college processes and actions resulting in a critical mass of students, faculty and executives.
- Respect – We will encourage personal and group differences and use them to provide optimal solutions to health care disparities and to foster social justice in the educational and work environments.
- Compassion – We will practice self-reflection and be empathetic to the thoughts, needs and feelings of others.
- Teamwork – We will foster a climate of partnership and collaboration to create positive outcomes for all those engaged in teaching and learning.
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook