University of North Carolina Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2020 Application Cycle.
All prompts have a 1,000 character limit.
- Describe a situation, or an experience, you’ve had when you were unsuccessful. Tell us what you learned from this experience.
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Give an example of how you made a difference in someone’s life and explain what this experience taught you about yourself.
- What motivates you to apply to UNC School of Medicine?
How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- UNC School of Medicine values diversity and inclusion across the institution. We believe that education and professional development are enhanced in education settings that include individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Please describe how your background and/or experiences would contribute to the UNC SOM community?
How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays
Secondary Deadline: 2 weeks after receiving secondary application
Secondary Fee: $68
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: No
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine Mission:
Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of North Carolinians and others whom we serve. We accomplish this by providing leadership and excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research. We strive to promote faculty, staff and learner development in a diverse, respectful environment where our colleagues demonstrate professionalism, enhance learning, and create personal and professional sustainability. We optimize our partnership with the UNC Health Care System through close collaboration and a commitment to service.
- Patient Care
- We will promote health and provide superb clinical care while maintaining our strong tradition of reaching underserved populations and reducing health disparities across North Carolina and beyond.
- We will prepare tomorrow’s health care professionals and biomedical researchers by facilitating learning within innovative and integrated curricula and team oriented interprofessional education. We will cultivate outstanding teaching and research faculty, and we will recruit outstanding students and trainees from highly diverse backgrounds to create a socially responsible, highly skilled workforce.
- We will develop and support a rich array of outstanding health sciences research programs, centers, and resources. We will provide infrastructure and opportunities for collaboration amongst disciplines throughout and beyond our University to support outstanding research. We will foster programs in the areas of basic, translational, mechanistic, and population research.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine Vision:
To be the nation’s leading public school of medicine.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook