Wake Forest Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
- We seek to train physicians who can connect with diverse patient populations with whom they not share a similar background. Tell us about an experience that has broadened your own worldview or enhanced your ability to understand those unlike yourself. (200 words or less)
- Describe a non-academic challenge you have faced and explain how you overcame it. (200 words or less) | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- From your list of “most meaningful experiences” on the AMCAS application, choose one that has been the most formative in terms of your desire for a career in medicine.Why did that experience have such meaning for you in your decision-making process? How did you prepare for your career in medicine? (200 words or less)
- Tell us about any specific reasons(s) (personal, educational, etc.) why you see yourself here at the Wake Forest School of Medicine. (200 words or less) | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us”
- Please tell us an interesting fact about yourself that a casual acquaintance may find surprising or interesting. (50 words or less)
Primary Deadline: October 15, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $125
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes
Wake Forest School of Medicine Mission:
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center’s mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destinations.
Wake Forest School of Medicine Vision:
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a preeminent, internationally recognized academic medical center of the highest quality with balanced excellence in patient care, research and education.
Wake Forest School of Medicine Values:
- Excellence – demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Compassion – responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Service – cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Integrity – demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Diversity – honor individuality and protect the dignity of all
- Collegiality – foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Innovation – promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook