University of Oklahoma- Tulsa Secondary Essay Prompts
If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated November 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Please submit an essay that explains your interest and commitment to Community Medicine. (450 words max)
- Please explain how you expect the SCM track to enhance your medical education. (250 words max)
- Please enter any additional community or volunteer experience not included on your AMCAS application. (250 words max)
- Please highlight any other relevant life experience that you feel might have an impact on your application to the SCM track. (250 words max)
Primary Deadline: Usually around Oct 15th
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Nov 1st
Secondary Fee: $85
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
Casper Required: No
PREview Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes
The University of Oklahoma- Tulsa School of Community Medicine Mission:
The mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for students through excellence in teaching, research, creative activity and service to the state and society. The University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine (OUSCM) focuses this mission on explicitly improving the health and health care of the entire community.
The University of Oklahoma- Tulsa School of Community Medicine Vision:
Educate and train a new generation of practitioners with the skills and desire to improve the health status of all Oklahomans. Build a learning community to improve the health of individuals and their communities through caring, learning, research, collaboration and dignity.
- Please submit an essay (450 words or less) that explains your interest and commitment to Community Medicine.
- Please explain (in 250 words or less) how you expect the SCM track to enhance your medical education.
- Please enter any additional community or volunteer experience not included on your AMCAS application (no word limit).
- Please enter any other relevant life experience that you feel might have an impact on your application to the SCM track (no word limit).
- Please explain both of the following: 1) the specific reason(s) you have chosen to apply to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and 2) how you will utilize the unique features of our curriculum, institution, city, and/our mission to achieve your career goals. 2000 Characters | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us” | How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- Please explain why you have chosen to pursue a career in medicine rather than choosing any other path. Specifically, explain in what way medicine suits your personality, skills/attributes, goals, etc. in ways that other careers do not. 2000 char | How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- The University of Cincinnati is highly committed to selecting and cultivating students who can transform the field of medicine through the use of their distinct talents and attributes. Please tell us how you offer “diversity of thought” to our incoming class. Please also consider sharing unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background that represent the diversity that you bring. 2000 char | How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays