University of Oklahoma- Tulsa Secondary Essay Prompts
If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Please explain both of the following: 1) the specific reason(s) you have chosen to apply to the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and 2) how you will utilize the unique features of our curriculum, institution, city, and/our mission to achieve your career goals. 2000 Characters | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us” | How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- Please explain why you have chosen to pursue a career in medicine rather than choosing any other path. Specifically, explain in what way medicine suits your personality, skills/attributes, goals, etc. in ways that other careers do not. 2000 char | How to Answer “Why Should We Accept You?” in Your Secondaries
- The University of Cincinnati is highly committed to selecting and cultivating students who can transform the field of medicine through the use of their distinct talents and attributes. Please tell us how you offer “diversity of thought” to our incoming class. Please also consider sharing unique, personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background that represent the diversity that you bring. 2000 char | How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays
Primary Deadline: October 15, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $85
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
The University of Oklahoma- Tulsa School of Community Medicine Mission:
The mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for students through excellence in teaching, research, creative activity and service to the state and society. The University of Oklahoma School of Community Medicine (OUSCM) focuses this mission on explicitly improving the health and health care of the entire community.
The University of Oklahoma- Tulsa School of Community Medicine Vision:
Educate and train a new generation of practitioners with the skills and desire to improve the health status of all Oklahomans. Build a learning community to improve the health of individuals and their communities through caring, learning, research, collaboration and dignity.
- Please submit an essay (450 words or less) that explains your interest and commitment to Community Medicine.
- Please explain (in 250 words or less) how you expect the SCM track to enhance your medical education.
- Please enter any additional community or volunteer experience not included on your AMCAS application (no word limit).
- Please enter any other relevant life experience that you feel might have an impact on your application to the SCM track (no word limit).