Vanderbilt University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
- Autobiography: Write a brief autobiography. As completely and precisely as possible, give a picture of yourself, your family, and events you consider important to you. In doing so, identify the values that are of greatest importance to you. If you have completed your undergraduate education, please comment on what you have done or have been doing since graduation. (1200 words)
- Challenge: Please discuss a challenging situation or obstacle you have faced in the past. Why was it challenging? How did you handle it? Knowing what you know now, would you do anything differently? What did you learn? (500 words) | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $85
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Email
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Mission:
The mission of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is to improve human health. To achieve this goal, we will:
- Prepare physicians, scientists and educators for positions of worldwide leadership.
- Discover and disseminate new knowledge that advances understanding of health and disease.
- Provide compassionate, personalized patient care of the highest quality in service to our local, national and global communities.
- Embrace a culture of lifelong learning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Create a diverse and broadly inclusive community of faculty, staff and students that enriches our learning environment and ensures excellence in research and patient care.
- Nurture and protect Vanderbilt’s unique legacy of cooperation, collegiality, and mutual respect.
- Foster the personal and professional growth of all members of the Vanderbilt community, as we continuously strive to realize full potential.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook