Central Michigan University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Describe your motivation for applying to the CMU College of Medicine. Include how your motivation has influenced your preparation for your future career in medicine. Finally, describe how your preparation and background will contribute to the mission of the CMU College of Medicine. (1500 word limit) | How to Answer Secondary Prompts about “Why Us” | How To Answer Secondary Prompts About The Future | How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- [REAPP ONLY]: If you have applied to any medical school in previous cycles, what have you done since your last application to prepare yourself for a career in medicine? If you have not applied to medical school previously, write “N/A” in the box. (500 world limit) | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
- Gap year activities (250 words) | How to Write About Your Gap Years in Secondary Essays
- Space to explain your affiliation with a Michigan county in which you’ve lived (250 words)
Primary Deadline: November 1, 2020
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
Central Michigan University College of Medicine Mission:
The CMU College of Medicine will prepare diverse, culturally competent physicians focused on improving access to high-quality healthcare in Michigan with an emphasis on rural and medically underserved regions. Our graduates will aspire to excellence in providing patient-centered and evidence-based care to their patients and their communities. We will engage physicians in leading healthcare transformation, lifelong learning, and team-based education.
Central Michigan University College of Medicine Vision:
We will facilitate the transformation of health care in Central and Northern Michigan through:
- Delivering innovative programs in medical education.
- Preparing our learners to incorporate CMU College of Medicine values into their daily lives.
- Promoting inter-professionalism and team-based approaches in progressive health care.
- Creating team-based educational opportunities and programs.
- Creating an inclusive environment supportive of lifelong learning for our graduates, faculty, staff, and partners.
- Supporting and serving community educational needs across the continuum of medical education.
Central Michigan University College of Medicine Values:
- Social Responsibility
- The AAMC has developed 15 core competencies for entering medical students. You can see the list here (https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/core-competencies/). Which two competencies are your biggest strengths as an applicant? 400 words
- Please tell us about the most important volunteer experience you have had. What have you learned from this experience about service? 400 words
- If you have applied to any medical school in previous cycles, what have you done since your last application to prepare yourself for a career in medicine? If you have not applied to medical school previously, write “N/A” in the box. 500 words
How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook