Central Michigan University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- The AAMC has developed 15 core competencies for entering medical students. You can see the list here (https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/core-competencies/). Which two competencies are your biggest strengths as an applicant? 400 words
- Please tell us about the most important volunteer experience you have had. What have you learned from this experience about service? 400 words
- If you have applied to any medical school in previous cycles, what have you done since your last application to prepare yourself for a career in medicine? If you have not applied to medical school previously, write “N/A” in the box. 500 words
Secondary Deadline: December 3, 2018
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Optional
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
Central Michigan University College of Medicine Mission:
The CMU College of Medicine will prepare diverse, culturally competent physicians focused on improving access to high-quality healthcare in Michigan with an emphasis on rural and medically underserved regions. Our graduates will aspire to excellence in providing patient-centered and evidence-based care to their patients and their communities. We will engage physicians in leading healthcare transformation, lifelong learning, and team-based education.
Central Michigan University College of Medicine Vision:
We will facilitate the transformation of health care in Central and Northern Michigan through:
- Delivering innovative programs in medical education.
- Preparing our learners to incorporate CMU College of Medicine values into their daily lives.
- Promoting inter-professionalism and team-based approaches in progressive health care.
- Creating team-based educational opportunities and programs.
- Creating an inclusive environment supportive of lifelong learning for our graduates, faculty, staff, and partners.
- Supporting and serving community educational needs across the continuum of medical education.
Central Michigan University College of Medicine Values:
- Social Responsibility
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook