Cooper (Rowan University) Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated June 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Please write a personal mission statement for yourself as a student at CMSRU. How will CMSRU help you fulfill your mission?
- Please describe your anticipated educational, employment, volunteer or other activities between completing your AMCAS application and matriculating to medical school.
- Tell us about something that makes you a unique applicant to CMSRU.
- Medical school involves hard work and can be stressful at times. Tell us about activities that you use to help maintain a work-life balance and respond to stress. (1500 characters)
Required for students who are applying to the Primary Care Track.
- For applicants with a serious interest in the PC3 track: please write a short statement that describes your desire to become either a primary care Internist or a primary care Pediatrician and the qualities that make you an excellent choice for the PC3 track and for residency at Cooper.
Primary Deadline: Usually around Nov 15th
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Dec 15th
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: No
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Mission:
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University is committed to providing humanistic education in the art and science of medicine within a scientific and scholarly community in which inclusivity, excellence in patient care, innovative teaching, research, and service to our community are valued.
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Vision:
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University will distinguish itself as an innovative leader in medical education and related research with emphasis on developing and validating comprehensive systems of healthcare for underserved populations as a model to address the challenges of accountable patient care in the 21st century and beyond.
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Values:
- Personal Mentorship
- Collaboration and Mutual Respect
- Civic Responsibility
- Patient Advocacy
- Life-long learning
Former Prompts (before 23-24 cycle)
- Please write a personal mission statement for yourself as a student at CMSRU. How will CMSRU help you fulfill your mission? (1000 characters)
- In what way do you believe that you made an impact or difference to a group or organization in your life? (1000 characters)
- Discuss how you have identified and responded to adversity. (1000 characters) | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Please describe your anticipated educational, employment, volunteer or other activities between completing your AMCAS application and matriculating to medical school. (1500 characters) | How To Answer Secondary Prompts About The Future