Chicago Medical School Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated May 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
All prompts have a 150-word limit.
- Please specifically discuss how, if admitted to our program, your admission would contribute to the diversity of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science community.
- What creative/innovative ways have you found to continue to build upon the competencies for entering medical students during the pandemic?
- Briefly share your plans for the upcoming academic year? Do you plan to work, conduct research, volunteer in a health care setting, participate in community service, attend school, travel, participate in leisure activities or other activities.
- Has persistence ever paid off for you? Describe the situation.
Primary Deadline: Usually around Nov 1st
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Dec 1st
Secondary Fee: $125
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: Yes
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: No
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University Mission:
Chicago Medical School educates physicians and scientists dedicated to providing exemplary, compassionate patient care and excellence in scientific discovery within an interprofessional environment.
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University Vision:
To be an outstanding community-based medical school with excellence and innovation in medical education, scientific discovery and clinical care.
Former Prompts (before 23-24 cycle)
- Please discuss challenges in your journey thus far to medical school. | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Please specially discuss how, if admitted to our program, your admission would contribute to the diversity of the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science community. | How to Write About Diversity in Your Secondary Essays