Drexel University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated November 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- Please discuss all of your current and recent activities and engagements that have prepared you for medical school. Please be sure to include any traditional and/or non-traditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done that are not already included in your application. (2000 characters)
- Why are you interested in Drexel? Please also explain how you meet various elements of our mission – compassionate care, diversity, spirited inquiry, collaboration, and opportunity. (1500 characters)
- Please describe any extenuating circumstances that may have affected your medical or non-medical service experiences, including any circumstances that impacted your engagement in activities, academics, and MCAT that would have helped to prepare you for medical school. (1500 characters)
Primary Deadline: Usually Around Dec 1st
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Jan 1st
Secondary Fee: $100
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
Casper Required: Yes
PREview Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
Drexel University College of Medicine Mission:
Drexel University College of Medicine excels and innovates in education, research, and delivery of compassionate care in our culture of diversity, spirited inquiry, collaboration, and opportunity.
Drexel University College of Medicine Vision:
Drexel University College of Medicine’s strengths will be synergy and integration in the areas of biomedical research and education, technology, and clinical care. We will continue to build on our strong foundation of outstanding medical research, education, and compassionate care of our patients, bolstered by an exceptional, dedicated and diverse faculty, professional staff, and student body. Our emphasis on translational research, integrating the clinical and basic sciences, will significantly strengthen the College’s and University’s collective contribution to meeting the healthcare needs of society. Continued excellence in these areas will expand our national and international reputation as a medical school committed to the creation of new scientific knowledge and innovative pedagogy for the benefit of our patients, students and humanity.
- If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. You may answer “not applicable”.
- Optional: What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application. (200 words)