Pennsylvania State University Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- If not currently enrolled in a full-time academic program, please summate your activities from the time of graduation from your baccalaureate program through the time of this application, as well as your plans between now and your matriculation to medical school. (Maximum 75 words)
- Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)
- Explain why you decided to apply to Penn State College of Medicine. (Maximum 75 words)
- Please write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting. (Maximum 250 words)
- Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations. (Maximum 250 words)
Secondary Deadline: January 15, 2019
Secondary Fee: $80
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: No
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine Mission:
The College of Medicine (and our academic hub, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center) are committed to enhancing the quality of life through improved health, the professional preparation of those who will serve the health needs of others, and the discovery of knowledge that will benefit all.
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine Vision:
The College of Medicine’s vision is to improve health through our missions of education, research, patient care and community health.
While research and education are distinct lines of endeavor from patient care services, the academic and clinical enterprises work synergistically to advance the unified purpose of improving health. The College of Medicine strategic plan reflects this reality, and contains goals and initiatives that seek to advance research and education while leveraging the clinical strengths of Penn State Health.
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine Values:
The College of Medicine is committed to R.I.T.E values: respect, integrity, teamwork and excellence. It strives to promote a respectful work and learning environment, characterized by collaborative and shared-credit behaviors, to embrace diverse backgrounds, talents, and perspectives, and to act in a compassionate, thoughtful, considerate and kind manner. The College values integrity, encouraging persistent best efforts, moral courage to ask hard questions, and fair treatment of others. It supports teamwork and the underlying values of sharing and trust, with the goal of ensuring the best experience for co-workers, patients, and trainees. Finally, the College of Medicine pursues excellence by aligning individual performance with the mission, vision, values, and strategic imperatives and a solution-focused culture.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook