University of Texas Southwestern Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 5,000 character limit.
- Describe a group project or activity of which you are most proud. Consider the following in your response: What aspect made you most proud? How was it accomplished? How did you deal with disagreement or conflict in the group? How did you get fellow group members to embrace a position or view your perspective?
- Describe a time that you have witnessed someone acting unethically or dishonestly, or experienced behavior of harassment or discrimination. Consider the following in your response: What did you do? What made the situation difficult for you personally? Describe your reaction and what you might do differently now in retrospect.
- Describe an example of a very difficult assignment, task, or situation that you did not think you could accomplish. *Required
Consider the following in your response: How did you approach it? If you were tempted to quit, why did or didn’t you? What made you stay the course despite obstacles? What did you learn from the experience? | How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- Have you engaged in any public service activities for a duration of greater than a year in length (examples: Military, Peace Corps, Teach for America, etc.). Yes or No? If so, please describe the experience and impact on your personal and professional development. Please limit your response to 5000 characters or less.
- Please explain any academic discrepancies or extenuating circumstances that you feel the Admissions Committee should know. Please limit your response to 5000 characters or less. | How to Discuss Breaks in Your Education in Secondary Essays | How to Write About Red Flags in Your Secondary Essays
Secondary Deadline: October 1, 2018
Secondary Fee: No
FAP Waiver: N/A
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: Yes
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Mission:
Promoting health and a healthy society that enables achievement of full human potential
Physicians, scientists, and caregivers optimally prepared to serve the needs of patients and society
Research that solves for unmet needs by finding better treatments, cures, and prevention with a commitment to ensuring real world application
Best care possible today, with continuous improvement and innovation for better care tomorrow
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Vision:
- Excellence: We strive for the highest standards of clinical excellence, educational distinction, research integrity, and administrative quality in all we do. We are rigorous in our commitment to ongoing improvement.
- Innovation: We endeavor to develop new knowledge about diseases and treatment, enhance the lives of patients through better care and treatments, creatively approach challenges, and inspire the next generation of physicians, scientists, and health professionals.
- Teamwork: We work collaboratively and with a shared purpose, drawing on our diverse backgrounds, talents and ideas, and bringing an unwavering integrity to everything we do.
- Compassion: We foster an environment in which patients, visitors, and colleagues are treated with respect, dignity, and kindness in every encounter, every day.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook