The University of Texas at Austin Dell Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
Prompts have been updated June 2023. (Older essays, if available are below)
- In an effort to give a greater number of applicants the opportunity to present themselves to Dell Med’s admissions team, the school uses a unique video secondary application. If selected for further consideration, the applicant receives an email invitation with details on how to prepare and submit the video through a free online portal. The secondary application consists of questions that address specific aspects of the school’s mission. In a two-minute response for each question, the candidate speaks to how their experiences will help them contribute to this work. The priority deadline for the secondary application is Dec. 15; the application will be reviewed only after the secondary application is submitted.
Candidates who feel they would represent themselves better in a written format are given the opportunity to request a written version of the secondary application.
Primary Deadline: Usually around Nov 1st
Secondary Deadline: Usually around Nov 15th
Casper Required: No
PREview Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School Mission:
Revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
- Improving health in our community as a model for the nation;
- Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value;
- Accelerating innovation and research to improve health;
- Educating leaders who transform health care; and
- Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society.
The University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School Vision:
A vital, inclusive health ecosystem:
- Vital: Vigorous, animated, full of life and energy, dynamic
- Inclusive: Open to everyone
- Ecosystem: The complex of a community and its environment functioning as a system