McGovern at University of Texas- Houston Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 2,500 character limit.
- How have your experiences prepared you to be a physician?
- Describe a time or situation where you have been unsuccessful or failed. What did you learn from this experience and how have you applied this learning to your work and/or life?
How to Write About Your Obstacles, Challenges, and Problems in your Secondary Essays
- What would you like to contribute and be remembered for in medicine?
How To Answer Secondary Prompts About The Future
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $50
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates:
McGovern Medical School at University of Texas Health Science Center- Houston Mission:
To educate a diverse body of future physicians and biomedical scientists for a career dedicated to the highest ideals of their profession; to provide outstanding patient-centered care; and to conduct innovative research that benefits the health and well-being of the population of Texas and beyond.
Mcgovern Medical School at University of Texas Health Science Center- Houston Values:
- Deliver compassionate patient care focusing on effectiveness, quality, safety, and service
- Provide a competency-based curriculum emphasizing integrity and professionalism
- Embrace a culture of lifelong learning, evidence-based practice, open inquiry, and scholarship
- Cultivate professional and respectful communication
- Foster a diverse and inclusive learning community
- Support the health and well-being of students, faculty, and staff
- Promote interprofessional collaboration
- Support leadership and innovation in teaching, research, and service
- Advocate for excellent care for the underserved and for the reduction of health care disparities
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook