University of the Incarnate Word Secondary Essay Prompts
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2021 Application Cycle and are unchanged from the previous cycle.
All prompts have a 200-word limit.
- Explain your understanding of osteopathic medicine and your interest in pursuing this pathway to becoming a physician. | How to Answer Secondary Prompts Specific To Osteopathy
- UIWSOM is the first faith-based school of osteopathic medicine in Texas and mission-driven. How will you contribute to the UIWSOM by fulfilling this mission? | How to Write About How You Fit a Medical School’s Mission
- Please describe your preparation for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT). Include any tools you may have used to prepare, length of study time, practice exams, etc.
- If you are reapplying to UIWSOM, what have you done to strengthen your application since you last applied? | How to Write About Being a Reapplicant in Secondary Essays
Primary Deadline: March 15, 2021
Secondary Deadline: Unknown (Try to turn your secondaries around within two weeks after receiving)
Secondary Fee: $50
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
VITA Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Unknown
University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine Mission:
UIWSOM’s mission is to empower all members of the medical education community to achieve academic, professional and personal success and develop a commitment to lifelong learning through excellence in learner–centered, patient-focused education, justice-based research and meaningful partnerships of osteopathic clinical service across the spectrum of undergraduate, graduate and continuing medical education. The development and application of osteopathic principles of medicine across four years of physician training will promote culturally, linguistically, and community responsive care for all patients to enhance patient safety and improve patient outcomes.
University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine Vision:
Our vision is to transform learning communities with the ability to impact civic engagement, education, health and health care in the global community.
University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine Values:
- Integrity – we aspire to the highest ethical and moral standards in everything that we do, in keeping with the mission of the Sisters of Charity and the University of the Incarnate Word.
- Stewardship – we safeguard human and economic resources entrusted to us and to use them in a responsible manner.
- Respect – we embrace diversity, treating all people, cultures, and communities with dignity and fairness.
- Social Accountability – we are dedicated to research, education and service efforts that respond to the priority health concerns of our communities, particularly those who cannot protect their own interests and are most vulnerable to disparities in health outcomes.
- Compassion – we demonstrate empathy and sensitivity in all our interactions with others; respond with genuine concern and desire to alleviate suffering and promote social justice.
- Transformation – we seek to transform our students through service learning and community engagement initiatives that provide opportunities for meaningful interactions and dialogue that advances their perspective of social justice in health and illness.
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook