Morsani (University of South Florida) Secondary Essay Prompts
If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career? Select One.
- Describe the knowledge, skills, and attributes you have developed in preparation for the career path you have chosen in question
- (Optional) The USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations program aims to support the educational development of medical students by providing opportunities for academic endeavors in areas of special interest. This program facilitates self-directed learning, enhances interactions between students and fosters relationships between students and faculty. Scholarly concentrations provide a forum where diversity of ideas and perspectives are valued. Each concentration includes elements of course work, practical application and scholarly presentation.
Please review our Scholarly Concentrations website to determine which concentration would be of interest to you and answer the following question. (Scholarly Concentrations Program | USF Health) How would the USF Morsani College of Medicine’s Scholarly Concentrations Program help your personal career goals? (2000 characters)
- The University of South Florida, College of Medicine strives to educate a very diverse set of students who bring a variety of strengths and interests to the field of medicine. The definition of diversity is broad and includes (but is not limited to) lifestyle, race/ethnicity, geography, socioeconomic status and distance traveled through life. The definition of strength is also broad and includes (but not limited to) humanism, scholarship, intellectual curiosity, research and leadership. How do you feel your particular experiences, interests, and passions will add to the strength and diversity of the USF class and ultimately to the field of medicine? (2000 characters)
- Describe your ideas about how the medical profession can best respond to disparities in healthcare (2000 characters).
- If you have experienced academic difficulties, please explain the situation and how it was resolved. (Please explain all grades less than a “B” (including B-) or any “withdrawal” on your transcripts). (2000 characters)
Secondary Deadline: January 4, 2019
Secondary Fee: $30
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes Post Interview
Morsani College of Medicine at the University of South Florida Mission:
The mission of the Morsani College of Medicine at the University of South Florida is to provide for the education of students and professionals of the health and biomedical sciences through the creation of a scholarly environment that fosters excellence in the lifelong goals of education, research activity and compassionate patient care.
Morsani College of Medicine at the University of South Florida Vision:
We promise aspiring, passionate students an open culture of accessibility to faculty, patients and technology through a challenging curriculum with diverse educational experiences. Transcending old paradigms, we are empowered by a fresh perspective on learning. We foster an environment where students realize their own creativity and innovation to make a difference in the lives of patient and their community. Upon graduation, our students will possess the skills and confidence as leaders in the ever-changing business of healthcare without ever sacrificing their initial inspiration to care for patients.
Morsani College of Medicine at the University of South Florida Values:
- High Standards
- Respect for Individuals
- Advancing Knowledge
- Personal Development and Leadership
- Commitment to Health
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook