Herbert Wertheim at FIU Secondary Essay Prompt
(If you have updated prompts, please submit them at updatesecondaries.com)
All prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- Whether or not you will be a full-time student, please explain what you will be doing prior to your planned matriculation into medical school. Character limit 600 (including spaces)
- Is there any additional information about your academic record that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? Please include any academic difficulties or course withdrawals. Character limit 1000 (including spaces)
- Provide any additional information that you wish the Admission Committee to consider regarding your application. Character limit 1000 (including spaces)
- Given the unique mission of the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, how do you know we will be a mission fit for you? Character limit 1200 (including spaces)
- Your patient has a rare disease and would be a great candidate for an experimental new treatment. You are the principal investigator for the research project and you and your Chair would like to pursue this experiment with the patient. The parents of your patient are adamant against the treatment. How would you handle this situation? Character limit 1200 (including spaces)
- Explain in detail an experience in which you collaborated, worked or were exposed to diverse backgrounds different from your own. Please describe the impact the experience had on you. Character limit 1200 (including spaces)
- Explain a situation in which you have received criticism. What was the criticism and how did you respond to it? Character limit 1200 (including spaces)
- Describe how you have dealt with a personal or academic challenge. Focus on what you learned about yourself and how it will help you during the challenges you might face in medical school. Character limit 1200 (including spaces)
Secondary Deadline: January 15th, 2019
Secondary Fee: $30
FAP Waiver: Full Fee Waived
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: No
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University Mission:
By providing an environment enhanced by diversity, clinical innovation and research, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine prepares socially accountable, community-based physicians, scientists, and health professionals who are uniquely qualified to transform the health of patients and communities.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University Vision:
Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is a national leader in transforming the health of communities through its purposeful integration of education, research and clinical care.
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University Values:
5 MOST POPULAR PODCASTS
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook