University of Central Florida Secondary Essay Prompts
These prompts are from the 2019 Application Cycle.
- If you are NOT a Florida resident, please describe any connection to UCF COM, UCF, or Florida. (2000 char)
- If you do not expect to spend the academic year enrolled in an academic program, please explain how you will use this time. Otherwise write N/A. (500 char)
- Have you experienced academic difficulties, had any grades below “B minus,” or any course withdrawals while in college? In this space, provide brief details regarding academic difficulties, grades below “B minus,” or course withdrawals. (2000 char)
- What breakthrough in clinical or research medicine would you like to see occur within the span of your career in medicine? Why? (750 char)
- The complexity of healthcare delivery increasingly requires interdisciplinary teamwork. What lessons have you learned from sports, music, business or other experiences have prepared you to succeed in this environment? (750 char)
- What profession would you choose if not medicine? (750 char)
- Please share with the Admissions Committee why you are interested in UCF COM. (750 char)
- Were you required to work during your college years? If you answer yes, they ask you provide a brief description of why employment was necessary. Also, include an estimated hours per week that you were required to work. (750 char)
- Please provide a short essay to help us understand who you are. This essay should be different from your AMCAS Personal Statement. UCF COM places great value on the broad diversity of our students within the classroom. We believe the diverse characteristics of each individual in the class are important factors in serving the educational missions of this school and of our community. Please discuss any unique, personally important and/or challenging experiences in your background that have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine and service to others. These may include experiences such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, cultural background, or other significant events or circumstances that you feel have shaped your character and defined you as an individual. We are also interested on your thoughts about what you can contribute to your class and the medical profession in general. (two pages maximum, single-spaced, no margins)
Secondary Deadline: December 15, 2018
Secondary Fee: $30
CASPer Required: No
Screens Applications: Yes
Accepts Application Updates: Yes/Portal
University of Central Florida College of Medicine Mission:
The University of Central Florida College of Medicine educates and inspires individuals to be exemplary physicians and scientists, leaders in medicine, scholars in discovery, and adopters of innovative technology to improve the health and well-being of all.
Our patient-centered mission is achieved by outstanding medical care and services, groundbreaking research, and leading edge medical and biomedical education in an environment enriched by diversity.
University of Central Florida College of Medicine Vision:
The University of Central Florida College of Medicine aspires to be the nation’s premier 21st century college of medicine.
The UCF College of Medicine will be a national leader in education, research, and patient care, recognized for supporting and empowering its students and faculty to realize their passion for discovery, healing, health, and life, and for its ability to create partnerships to transform medical education, health care, and research.
DOWNLOAD FREE - Crush the MCAT with our MCAT Secrets eBook